Coir, Coconut Husk
Shredded coconut husk bonded with natural rubber latex.
"Bed Rug" by Savvy Rest
Coir (pronounced "coyer") is an amazing natural fiber used for centuries overseas for bedding. It is made from the husks of coconuts. Rubberized coir, the type we sell, has a coating of natural rubber latex to help augment its natural properties and to hold it together in one-inch-thick mats. Coir is especially great for bedding because it is endowed with these valuable properties:
- It has natural breathability and promotes ventilation
- It is lightweight and flexible
- The surface is always dry. Moisture is driven away and evaporated quickly
- It does not harbor dust mites or other allergens
- It does not breed harmful bacteria
- The latex coating increases its elasticity and water repellency
- It is washable
- It is heat resistant
- It is a natural insulator
- resistant to damage by saltwater (or perspiration)
QUEEN SIZE AND LARGER COIR COMES IN TWO HALF SECTIONS.
PLACE A PIECE OF FABRIC, LIKE AND OLD SHEET BETWEEN COIR AND MATTRESS, BECAUSE THE COIR HAS A ROUGH TEXTURE.